Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Happy (late) Easter!

HAPPY EASTER...a little late!!!

We hope all of you had a wonderful, blessed Easter! Every year as I reflect upon the "reason for the Easter season," I'm always left so utterly humbled by what our Lord did for us. The horrific death that He died for each of us...the words to a hymn best express my feelings..."AMAZING love, how can it be, that thou my God would die for me?" Having to watch Claudia go through the painful procedures & treatment for her tumor, I have a new perspective on what this death must have felt to our Heavenly Father...I just can't imagine what He was feeling as He watched His son suffer like that. And thank goodness the story doesn't end there...HE IS RISEN...HE IS RISEN INDEED!!! I love celebrating His resurrection!

Our church has 2 services so Christian and I both were able to go (Claudia can't go because of her deficient immune system). After church we all headed over to my parents house for an awesome (as always) dinner and egg hunt. (And I loooooove Easter dresses, too!!! My mom used to make us all matching dresses!)

Claudia in her Easter dress (Thanks Aunt Tara!)

Claudia with her two cousins, Kyle and Lynae (or to her, Nae-Nae!)

Normally, each year right before dinner, our family takes a big family picture (yep, all of us) on Easter, but somehow, this year the guys escaped this torture and we didn't get to it! Sooo....all these individual pictures will have to do. (Probably why we didn't take a group pic...we took so many individual photos, there was no time!)

Us...The McCrays...
Christian, Claudia and myself!

The Dawsons...
Chris, Kim, Lynae, Kyle, Twin A & Twin B (due in June)
(Kim is my sister...the oldest of us 4 girls)

The (soon to be) Lovettes...
Jarrod and Jenny
(Jenny is my younger (#3) sister...and to be married June 3...the same exact day Kim's twins are due...ahhhhh!!!!)


Miss Janelle! (Or Aunt Nelle to all the nieces & nephew)
My youngest sister. She is a social worker and currently living in Chicago.


Grandma & Grandpa Kessler
My dad's parents. They moved to Warsaw from Missouri a couple of years ago, and we all really love having them so close!


And last but not least, my mom & dad! Somehow I didn't get a pic. of them together so here they are in action...Dad carving the ham (& I think snitching a bite) and mom showing off her Easter tulips. My mom had caterac surgery Monday, and it went VERY well. For the first time in 40-some years, she doesn't need glasses!!!

The four sisters...we take this same exact pose every few years. I wish I had the first one to compare (I think this is the second time Kim has been pregnant in it!!!) And isn't it funny that NONE of us look alike?!?! I promise...we all have the same mom & dad!

After an awesome meal, it was time for the Easter egg hunt! It was a bit chilly outside, so this year we had it indoors. My mom filled 2 huge bags of plastic eggs with everything from chocolate to balloons to stickers to...you name it!!! I think that was the most fun part...finding what was inside. Claudia would fill her basket and when it got full, instead of looking for more she would dump her basket and start all over again (many times over)...needless to say, I think she had the least amount of eggs!!!

What a fun day! I love my family!
Bye bye Grandma!!!

On a different note, Claudia had her weekly blood draw today and everything looks good for chemo tomorrow. Tomorrow starts the first day of Round #5 (of 7...we're getting closer!) So we will be in Indianapolis every Thurs. for the next four weeks. I'll keep you updated.

Bye for now...we love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE PICTURES!!! I really like the one of Coach K cooking!

I'm praying that chemo goes well and that Claudia's side effects will be minimal or better yet, none. Always Remember that Jesus loves you guys and we're always here for ya!